The First Estonian Geocoin Project

Svar
jpbarr
Junior
Junior
The First Estonian Geocoin Project

Legg inn av jpbarr » lør 06 okt 2012 12:55

Hi all,

Having had a lot of support from the Czech, as well as the Latvian Geocachers and just the other day a few from Norway, which is why I thought to post here too I hope you will support this project.
I have been trying to get the first Estonian Geocoin made but have got stuck at the funding side as it's a small country and not so many Geocachers. And it is a growing hobby here too. Someone suggested that I put it up on a crowdfunding site, so I did
http://www.rockethub.com/projects/10832 ... st-geocoin
There are great Geocaching related rewards for everyone who helps out with this project, including the coin itself. Be one of the first to get this Geocoin.
One thing that was asked very early on was: What happens to the money if you don't reach your goal? It was a good question and the answer is that we still get whatever is raised for the project and yes everyone that has a reward coming to them will still get it.
The same with the Geocoin, it will just take a bit longer to raise the money and have them made. I will take the names addresses of anyone who should be getting one of the coins and as soon as it is made they will be the first to get one

Thanks for your time in reading this
Happy caching

jpbarr

Brukeravatar
Viking_Princess
Bruker
Bruker
Sted:Hedmark

Re: The First Estonian Geocoin Project

Legg inn av Viking_Princess » lør 06 okt 2012 14:59

Høres litt skummelt ut i mine ører men...
Bilde

Brukeravatar
mamoreb
Senior
Senior
Sted:Oslo

Legg inn av mamoreb » lør 06 okt 2012 16:32

Hver og en må selvfølgelig vurdere om dette er et prosjekt man tror på og ønsker å støtte.

Jeg vil fortelle at denne geocacheren er en av de som donerte gaver som vi brukte i lotteriet under eventet på Heer, da mange av oss logget 11 cachetyper på én dag. En gavmild person som jeg for min del antar har gode intensjoner.
Bilde

Brukeravatar
hstad
Senior
Senior

Legg inn av hstad » lør 06 okt 2012 17:47

Høres bra ut dette! Vi må ikkje være så mistenksomme! Støtt opp folkens!!

Brukeravatar
thomfre
Styret
Sted:Karmøy, Rogaland
Kontakt:

Legg inn av thomfre » lør 06 okt 2012 19:49

Tok ikke mange kaloriene å sjekke litt, både siden som håndterer dette og cacheren som har startet det er seriøse - så dette er det ingen grunn til å være skeptisk til!
jpbarr skrev:Be one of the first to get this Geocoin.
Bare dette er kult nok til at jeg har gitt min støtte allerede!
www.thomfre.net I haven’t been everywhere, but it’s on my list.
Bilde

Raggsokk
Senior
Senior
Sted:Nedre Eiker

Legg inn av Raggsokk » lør 06 okt 2012 20:07

Jeg tok en rask beregning og fant ut at 114 kroner ($20) hadde jeg råd til å tape hvis det mot formodning skulle vise seg å ikke fungere, så jeg har også blitt med. En fin coin var det også. Hvis det går som jeg håper skal jeg be ham sende den cacheveien hjem til meg! :-)
- Raggsokk

Bilde

jpbarr
Junior
Junior

Legg inn av jpbarr » lør 06 okt 2012 21:39

Hi everyone,

First off thanks to Marie (mamoreb) for her positive words. You can keep up to date with how the Geocoin is coming along, as well as my other projects on my Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/JPs.Geocoins

Thanks also to those of you that have already supported the Estonian Geocoin project.

Brukeravatar
mamoreb
Senior
Senior

Legg inn av mamoreb » lør 06 okt 2012 22:03

I have tried contributing two times. Both times I got this error message through e-mail:
We're sorry, but we were unable to complete order XXXXXX. The charge to your credit card has been canceled.
Has anyone else from Norway been able to contribute? With a VISA card? jbparr, can a contribution made through PayPal be added to the RocketHub system?
Bilde

Raggsokk
Senior
Senior
Sted:Nedre Eiker

Legg inn av Raggsokk » lør 06 okt 2012 22:19

Got the same error message by mail when I tried. Also with a VISA card.
- Raggsokk

Bilde

jpbarr
Junior
Junior

Legg inn av jpbarr » lør 06 okt 2012 23:04

Thats strange! One from Norway, Thomas Fredriksen, has just contributed and it has gone through.
Marie: As far as I know you are not able to pay into Rockethub through paypal but if anyone wanted to contribute by paypal I will honour any and all rewards and would post each and every contribution on my Facebook Geocoin page with a running total raised.

jpbarr
Junior
Junior

Legg inn av jpbarr » søn 07 okt 2012 07:58

Ok so it seems some of you couldn't send money to Rockethub for this, I have sent an email to them to find out why.

But in case this is a problem that can't be fixed here is the paypal address for those of you that still want to contribute. beeswax.ou@gmail.com

Please include your reward choice in the message and I will add it to my list :)

jpbarr
Junior
Junior

Legg inn av jpbarr » søn 07 okt 2012 12:36

Hi All,

I have had a response from Rockethub, this what they have said:

"Hello Jon-Paul,

I just checked our records. We have been receiving transactions from Norway without a problem. So the problem is not inherent to the country. It is more likely some combination of the country, the individual contributors' billing addresses, and local settings on their computers.

If you can, please send me the email addresses associated with these users' RocketHub accounts. Or have them contact me directly (support@rockethub.com OR jed@rockethub.com). With their email addresses, I can identify their RocketHub accounts, look at their attempted transactions, then clear the path for them to try again.

My apologies for this hick-up.
All the best,
Jed

--
Jed Cohen
Founder & COO
P: 917-886-4488
RocketHub.com

facebook.com/RocketHub
twitter.com/RocketHub"

For those of you that still wish to contribute to this project I hope this helps and I am sorry for the problem.

Brukeravatar
thomfre
Styret
Sted:Karmøy, Rogaland
Kontakt:

Legg inn av thomfre » søn 07 okt 2012 14:12

I know why you have troubles with the transaction - explanation in Norwegian below.

Problemet med betalingen er at når dere oppretter en konto hos Rockethub blir dere opprettet som om dere skulle hatt bosted i USA, og når dere da bruker norsk betalingskort stopper det i kontrollen hos Trialplay, som håndterer betalinger for Rockethub. Åpne profilen din, endre land til Norway og prøv igjen - da fungerer det :)
www.thomfre.net I haven’t been everywhere, but it’s on my list.
Bilde

jpbarr
Junior
Junior

Legg inn av jpbarr » søn 07 okt 2012 14:59

thomfre skrev:I know why you have troubles with the transaction - explanation in Norwegian below.

Problemet med betalingen er at når dere oppretter en konto hos Rockethub blir dere opprettet som om dere skulle hatt bosted i USA, og når dere da bruker norsk betalingskort stopper det i kontrollen hos Trialplay, som håndterer betalinger for Rockethub. Åpne profilen din, endre land til Norway og prøv igjen - da fungerer det :)
Thanks for the info, I guess you must the one Norwegian that managed to contribute last night :)
Huge thanks and I hope that the others that wanted to contribute will be able to with this info.

Brukeravatar
mamoreb
Senior
Senior

Legg inn av mamoreb » søn 07 okt 2012 15:48

My country was always set to Norway - still not working. I have sent a request to customer support. If they can't help, I'll support you using PayPal.

I have been to Estonia several times, and I've got great experiences and memories from there, so I'd be happy to support and own Estonia's first geocoin.
Bilde

Svar