Geocachers around Trondheim, please help me!

Alt om geocaching
Svar
abanelle
Nybegynner
Nybegynner
Geocachers around Trondheim, please help me!

Legg inn av abanelle » lør 27 nov 2010 21:34

Hi everyone

I hope I am posting in the right place, but my command of Norwegian is non-existent, so please forgive me if I am completely lost.

Anyway, I am participating in an internet secret santa and I have been matched with someone who lives in Trondheim and who has mentioned that he really enjoys geocaching.

The thing is, I am French. The positive thing about this is that my 'Amelie' genes are dancing with excitement at the treasure hunt that I could send him on, but the downside is that I live in France. So I can't go and do anything myself.

Can anybody help me? I already have someone who is willing to hide the final gift but I would love to have as many people involved as possible to 'cache' the next co-ordinates for me.

Cheers!

Brukeravatar
whoelse
Site Admin
Site Admin
Sted:Under tak

Re: Geocachers around Trondheim, please help me!

Legg inn av whoelse » ons 01 des 2010 22:57

Hi abanelle,

Nice to hear from you. I am not in Trondheim, but I read your post and I got a bit comfused. What is it that you want help for? Put out a cache? Find some coordinates? Find a cache? Could you please explain a bit better.

Not everyone here is fluent in English so it might be a good idea to be very clear on what kind of help you need. I am sure there are people willing to help ones they understand what you are after!

Seems like you have an interesting plan, so please explain some more :D
Bilde

Brukeravatar
bao
Senior
Senior
Sted:Oslo

Legg inn av bao » tor 02 des 2010 00:07

Nous sommes le 24 decembre. Brigitte est sortie acheter les cadeaux de Noel pour ses parentes.
Toutes les rues sont decorrees de guirlandes louimener des, et la foule est tres gaie. Les magasines sont repis de monde. Tous ceux qui n’nont poas encore fait leurs achate de Nöel, tous les retariandatianers se bousculents dans les boutiques. Mai Birgitte sait tres bien ce qe’elle veut, ayssi ses achants sont vite faits : une belle pipe en bruyere pour son pere et le dernier prix Goncourt pour sa mere.
A 18 heures, elle rentre la maison. Elle doit aider sa mere a preparer le petit diner leger qu’ils vont prendre .......

abanelle
Nybegynner
Nybegynner

Legg inn av abanelle » tor 02 des 2010 01:48

ok. sorry for not being clearer... I was just too excited!

I have to send a Christmas present to a stranger who lives in Trondheim. He likes geocaching! I think this is a great thing. I have a plan...

I send his present to a person in Trondheim (Mr. A).

Mr A hides gift in location A (this is a place that he chooses).

Mr A sends me the coordinates of location A.

I then send these coordinates to Mrs B.

Mrs B does not go to location A. Mrs B writes down the coordinates to location A on a piece of paper.

Mrs B then chooses location B. She hides the piece of paper somewhere there.

Mrs B then sends me the coordinates to location B.

I send these coordinates to Ms C.

Ms C writes the coordinates to location B on a piece of paper and hides it in location C, which she chooses.

and so on...

So if you want to be Mr/s B, C, D, E, or whatever, please let me know! (I already have a Mr A)

I really hope this is clear now :D

And seriously, that's some awesome French. Mais il faut decider si la jeune femme s'appelle Brigitte (bon nom francais) ou Birgitte (un nom au gout tres scandinave) Et l'histoire se termine comment??

gacrux
Senior
Senior
Sted:Langt syd i Oslo
Kontakt:

Legg inn av gacrux » tor 02 des 2010 11:51

abanelle skrev:ok. sorry for not being clearer... I was just too excited!
I have to send a Christmas present to a stranger who lives in Trondheim. He likes geocaching! I think this is a great thing. I have a plan...
So the purpose is to find a person in Trondheim to a receive a Christmas package with unknown content. Hide it in the forest so it can picked it up by a stranger? Sounds very suspicious.
Otto Milvang

abanelle
Nybegynner
Nybegynner

Legg inn av abanelle » tor 02 des 2010 13:13

You can think this is suspicious if you like, but I promise it isn't. I am just trying to give my Secret Santa partner an awesome adventure. ( http://www.reddit.com/r/secretsanta/ )

I can show you the receipt of the gift which is heading to Norway as we speak.

It makes me sad that people are so suspicious.

Raggsokk
Senior
Senior
Sted:Nedre Eiker

Legg inn av Raggsokk » tor 02 des 2010 13:14

gacrux skrev:
abanelle skrev:ok. sorry for not being clearer... I was just too excited!
So the purpose is to find a person in Trondheim to a receive a Christmas package with unknown content. Hide it in the forest so it can picked it up by a stranger? Sounds very suspicious.
I think this sounds like good fun. Besides, if Mr. A is already appointed there shouldn't be any big concerns with being B, C, D and so on, if the only thing to hide is a piece of paper with coordinates on it. Any risk would lie with Mr. A, who is to receive a package with unknown content from a stranger, and pass it on to someone else. Sure, I can see your suspicion, but there is also the possibility that this is just what it appears to be. Which, again, sounds like good fun to me.

I live a long way from Trondheim and cannot help with this, but the best of luck to you. Only a word of caution; if your 'friend' in Trondheim is an active geocacher, chances are he already reads this forum. So don't lay out all your plans in here if there's something he's not supposed to see!
- Raggsokk

Bilde

Brukeravatar
hansvh
Nybegynner
Nybegynner
Sted:Oslo
Kontakt:

Legg inn av hansvh » tor 02 des 2010 13:47

No (If I understood correctly). OP has a person willing to receive the final gift and hide this. From what I understood he/she is looking for waypoints/stages in the multi.

Svar